PS4 Remote Play Windows PC / Mac Setup (Full instruction)
In order to use Remote Play, you must first enable it on your PS4 by doing the following:
- Enable Remote Play:
Choose [Settings] > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then check the box for [Enable Remote Play].
- Activate your PS4 system:
Select [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/ Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
- Allow Remote Play to start when PS4 is in Rest Mode:
Choose [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode].
- Set up your PC or Mac for Remote Play
Click on the link below to download the installation file for PS4 Remote Play and save the file to your desktop or other location (this link works for both Mac and PC):
Run the installation file.
An installation dialog box appears. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application. During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use [PS4 Remote play]. Follow the on-screen instructions to download this software.
Making the Remote Play Connection
- Turn on your PS4.
- Connect the DualShock 4 to your computer with a USB cable.
- Launch [PS4 Remote Play] on your computer, and then click [Start].
- Sign in with the same account you used for your PS4 system. If your PS4 system is set as your primary system, PS4 Remote Play should find and register your system automatically.