Remote Play Screenshot 2
Download Free Review of PS4 Remote Play.Download it
PS4 Tournament PartyOrder Now
- Now You Can Play PS4 Games on iPhone and iPad Sony decided to release a PS4 remote play app for iOS, which means the days of questionable remote play are over! 4,5 years after being launched on Android and other platforms, PS4 remote play is now available on iPhones and iPads with the PS4 6.50 update. It’s quite strange that it took so long for Sony to finally release it on iOS, but better late than never, isn't it?
In order to play, you need to have: iPhone or iPad, a stable Internet connection (WiFi is good to go), remote play device, and, of course, your favorite PS4 game. All users have to download PS4 Remote play app and then connect consoles via WiFi or manually. The app will display your PS4 home screen and give the full access to your game library. Previously, iOS users were desperate to stream their games using third-party apps such as R-Play for the price of $12. The new app is totally free and available at App Store.
As with the other platforms, the idea of the remote play application for iOS is to let you enjoy favorite games “on-the-go” on your mobile device, using on-screen overlay buttons. Unfortunately, Sony confirmed that you cannot use Dualshock PS4 Controllers that come with the console. Instead, users may consider a third-party option.
It’s a good start for iPhone. However, lacking access to the Dualshock makes Android and Mac and other platforms better options, at least at this stage.
- Duncan Tanner
- 2019-05-02 10:30
- How To Use PS4 Remote Play On Android: 4 Easy Steps Since its announcement, PS4 has changed dramatically, both in software and terms and also hardware. However, there is one thing that still remains the same — Remote Play, which is undoubtedly the strongest feature of PS4. Sony has officially allowed to stream the PS4 output only on the Sony Xperia phones and PS Vita, (and now iOS). However, there is always an option to stream your favorite PS4 games on Android. Here is our step to step guide on how to use remote play PS4 on Android device.
At first, you need a PS4, an Android phone updated to version 4.2 or higher, battery charge level above 50%, a reliable wi-fi connectiom and a modified PS4 remote play app.
Why do I need a modified remote play app
Previous remote play application officially released by Sony has been outdated for quite some time. Besides, it worked only on specific Sony devices (PS Vita or Sony Xperia). Now a new remote play app has been released, for the Android devices 4.2 and higher.
Where do I start
First thing you need to do is to connect your device to PS4 controller. Follow the steps below.
1. Connect your device to PS4 controller
Take your controller and press the “On” button, until the lights start flashing.
After that, turn on the “Bluetooth”. Your device should show up at this point. Select “Wireless controller”. They should connect quite quickly.
2. Configure the security settings
Before downloading the app, you need to scroll to your Android settings. Go to the security section - “lock screen and security”. Then turn on the unknown sources as it is shown below.
This will allow the installation of the apps which have not been downloaded through the Play store.
3. Install the remote play app
Now head on over to XDA developers forums and download a modified version of Remote Play app. With the app downloaded, go to download section on your device and tap on the apk file.
Follow the instructions on the screenshot to complete the installation.
Once the app is opened, you need to click on “Next” and log in to your PlayStation network account.
4. Configure your PS4 settings for the remote play
To enable the remote play feature, set up your PS4 settings.
Launch your PS4 and select “Settings”. Scroll down to “Remote play connection settings”. Hit it and click on “Add Device”.
Go back to your phone and add the numbers on your Playstation screen.
Here you are! The controller now streams from PS4 to your Android device. Now you can launch the game over the network and enjoy it!
- Bobby Morgan
- 2019-04-24 09:25
- Having sound issues with PS4 remote controller? Find how to fix it within a couple of seconds! Sometimes you set up remote play on your PC and prepare for the game only to find out that everything works properly except for the sound. You reboot the system, fix settings and still have nothing. “PS4 remote play no sound” is not a game we’re fond of, so here are some tips on where to find the solution to this problem.
1. PC confuses your USB adapter with a speaker
One of the reasons why the sound on PS4 remote play not working is because of the USB settings. If you’re using a wireless adapter, it may kill all the sounds on your PC, because Windows confuses your USB adapter with a speaker.
Do this: on the bottom right side of the screen, you can see the “speakers” icon. Go ahead and hit it with the left click. Here you may see “Speakers USB Audio device”, which is your PS4 controller. For some reasons, your PC reads it as a speaker when you plug in via USB. You have to switch to “Speakers VIA HD Audio” as it is shown below and see if this works for you.
You may also try this: go to your control panel > hardware and sound > sound while the adapter is plugged in. Disable the USB as a speaker. This will allow you to use whatever speaker you want (your headset, for example).
Use the latest input matter and the official DualShock adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect to your PC and get full sound without dropping.
2. You’ve started the game without plugging the mic in
Sometimes you can start the game and only then plug your microphone in. If there is no sound, restart the game with your adapter unplugged and reinserted. Also, make sure the speaker's volume is turned up.
Don’t forget to check if your microphone is generally working.
3. PC confused your USB adapter with headphones
For some reasons, Windows may recognize your remote play as headphones. This problem also usually happens with Mac. Try this:
Go to the sound icon in the taskbar and choose “playback devices”. Right click on the headphones and hit “disable”.
Tried everything above and nothing happened?
If you still have no sound, don’t forget that with Dualshock 4 you have a 1-year warranty period, so there is a possibility to send your device for a free diagnostics.
- Bobby Morgan
- 2019-04-17 09:00
- PS4 Remote Play Windows PC / Mac Setup (Full instruction) In order to use Remote Play, you must first enable it on your PS4 by doing the following:
Enable Remote Play:
Choose [Settings] > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then check the box for [Enable Remote Play].
Activate your PS4 system:
Select [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/ Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
Allow Remote Play to start when PS4 is in Rest Mode:
Choose [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode].
Set up your PC or Mac for Remote Play
Click on the link below to download the installation file for PS4 Remote Play and save the file to your desktop or other location (this link works for both Mac and PC):
Run the installation file.
An installation dialog box appears. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application. During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use [PS4 Remote play]. Follow the on-screen instructions to download this software.
Making the Remote Play Connection
Turn on your PS4.
Connect the DualShock 4 to your computer with a USB cable.
Launch [PS4 Remote Play] on your computer, and then click [Start].
Sign in with the same account you used for your PS4 system. If your PS4 system is set as your primary system, PS4 Remote Play should find and register your system automatically.
- Bobby Morgan
- PS4 Remote Play 2.7.0 What's New:
When entering text during Remote Play, you can now use the keyboard for your PC or Mac.
Activate this feature under [Use Keyboard] in [Settings] or [Preferences].
1080p has been added as a resolution for video quality in Remote Play. This option is available only on the PS4™ system (CUH-7000 series).
Set the resolution under [Video Quality for Remote Play] in [Settings] or [Preferences].
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
You'll need the following to use the PS4 Remote Play:
DualShock 4 wireless controller
USB cable or DualShock 4 USB wireless adaptor
By using a wireless adaptor, you can use the controller wirelessly.
Sony Entertainment Network account
High-speed Internet connection
For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- Bobby Morgan
- 2019-01-14 13:25